- Board Certified Orthodontist (2003)
- Diplomate, American Board of Orthodontics
- Dr. Musgrave knows how to correct all kinds of orthodontic problems from the very simple, to the very complex tooth movements, to the more advanced surgical cases. In fact, many times general dentists and even orthodontists will refer their most difficult orthodontic and TMJ (jaw joint) cases to Dr. Musgrave. One should note that even if a doctor is board certified, it is important to ask other people their opinions on a doctor’s ability to achieve your desired result rather than relying solely on their board certification status.
- B.A., Ohio Wesleyan University (1984), graduating Magna cum Laude and Phi Beta Kappa
- D.D.S., University of Michigan (1988), ranked as the #1 dental school in the nation at that time
- TMJ / TMD Certificate, Eastman Dental Center at the University of Rochester (1990), spending an entire year treating only patients with TMJ Disorders
- Orthodontic Certificate, Eastman Dental Center at the University of Rochester (1992)
- Educated by two masters in orthodontics: Dr. J. Daniel Subtelny—author of the textbook Early Orthodontic Treatment, and Dr. Karl S. Musgrave—previous Chairman of the Orthodontic Department at the Ohio State University and former partner in private practice with Dr. Subtelny.
- Dr. Musgrave credits his mentors, who were known for teaching “how to think” about orthodontics, in his education to provide “out of the box” solutions to complicated dental situations.
- Dr. Musgrave stays up to date with his dental education by taking monthly continuing education courses.
- Voted as The Delaware Gazette’s Reader’s Choice Award “Best Orthodontist” in Delaware County – 2009–2019 (no contests ’11-’14)
- Voted as The Marion Star’s “Best Orthodontist” in the “Best of Marion” – 2011, 2012 (no other contests)
- Voted into the Columbus Monthly’s “Top Dentists” (under orthodontic specialists section) – 2011—2019
- Voted into the American Institute of Dental Professional’s “10 Best” Orthodontists by State for Patient Satisfaction — 2016-2018
- Listed in America’s Best Dentists 2016-2020
- Voted by peers and named into the group of top Pediatric Dentists and Orthodontists — 2019
- Member of the Trademark Who’s Who “Top Doctors Honors Edition” — 2017
- Member of Marquis Who’s Who — 2018
- Member of Marquis Who’s Who Top Professionals Series — 2018
- Published a technique that better visualizes the TMJ during magnetic resonance imaging (MRI).
- Dr. Musgrave really enjoys the positive responses of patients as beautiful changes occur in their dental appearance and of his TMJ patients as they experience relief from their painful symptoms as treatment progresses.
- Growing up in Rochester, New York, Dr. Musgrave moved to Delaware, Ohio his junior year of high school and graduated from Delaware Hayes. He enrolled at Ohio Wesleyan University where he played on the nationally ranked soccer team. Also, he played clarinet in the Central Ohio Symphonic Orchestra.
- After graduating from his TMJ and Orthodontic Residencies, Dr. Musgrave joined his father in the orthodontic office where he worked along side him for over 12 years.
- Outside the office, “Dr. Mark” enjoys skiing, fishing, physical fitness, church, playing piano, and attending the activities of his children and patients.
- On the weekends, Dr. Musgrave regularly attends and serves at The Better Way providing breakfast and spiritual counsel to the homeless and under-served community at Rock City Church in downtown Columbus.
- He and his wife, Chris, an elementary music and orchestra teacher, have two children, Connor and Grace.